Enroll in "Fire Safety Ambassador Full-day Course" or "Fire Safety Ambassador Online Course" via new system
The Fire Services Department launched the "FSD Public Training Portal" on 20 March 2023. This new one-stop system facilitates members of the public to enroll in courses on emergency preparedness, fire safety and first aid provided by this Department. The new system will replace the existing "Fire Safety Ambassador Online Examination Platform".
Members of the public who wish to become FSA can enroll in the "Fire Safety Ambassador Full-day Course" held at designated fire stations in various districts. This course was suspended due to the 2019 Coronavirus disease epidemic and now has resumed. The course date will be updated from time to time in the system.
In addition, the public can also choose to enroll in the "FSA Online Course", but it should be noted that citizens who have completed the course and passed the examination online must attend the “Fire Extinguisher/Hose Reel” practical session, about 1 hour, held in designated fire station in order to obtain the FSA qualification.
The steps for course enrolment through the new system as follows:
"FSA Full-Day Course" held at designated Fire Station
- Fill in the online form, or using “i-AM Smart” (e-signature function must be enabled) to register as a member of "FSD Public Training Portal”.
- Apply for "Fire Safety Ambassador Scheme" from the "Course Catalogue" and then choose "Full-day Course".
- Choose the course held at the fire station in the residence district.
- Check the status of your course application in “My Course”.
Fire Safety Ambassador Online Course
- Fill in the online form, or using “i-AM Smart” (e-signature function must be enabled) to register as a member of "FSD Public Training Portal".
- Apply for "Fire Safety Ambassador Scheme" from the "Course Catalogue" and then click "Online Course".
- After enrolment, in "My Learning", click "Start". Access the course materials to learn more about fire safety and watch four fire safety videos. After completion, you can take the online examination.
- After completing the online examination and obtaining a passed result, click on the "Fire Safety Ambassador Scheme", then apply for the "Fire Extinguisher/Hose Reel" practical session. The date and time will be arranged by the designated fire station. Those who attend and complete the practical session will be appointed as Fire Safety Ambassadors.